Who would benefit from orthodontics? Would it be useful to me?
Well, orthodontics would benefit just about anyone who would like their smile improved.
The problem may be the alignment of their teeth, the position of their jaws, or the way their teeth meet, and orthodontics can be used to improve these things for them.
If there is some reason you aren’t happy with the appearance of your smile, then chances are that an orthodontist can help you and your dentist get a great smile for you.
Sometimes there are also functional problems with how the teeth meet, and although you may be happy with your smile now, the repeated abnormal function of your teeth and jaws may lead to problems later on – particularly with abnormal tooth wear.
Many people come to see us at Swords Orthodontics because of things like:
- Crowded teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Teeth in the wrong position
- Twisted teeth
- Teeth that stick out too much (big “overjet”)
- Lower teeth biting in front of the upper teeth (“crossbite”)
- Teeth that overlap too much (deep “overbite”)
- Teeth that don’t meet together smoothly (“displacements”)
- Teeth that don’t meet together at all (“open bites”)
…and several others. If any of these things seem to affect you, perhaps we can help if you get in touch with us. You can call us on 01 810 7622 – you can even use Skype if you like.