What Happens at Your First Orthodontic Appointment?
We understand that for many people, the idea of visiting a dentist can be a stressful experience. But at Swords Orthodontics, our goal is to help make every visit to our office enjoyable and completely stress-free. Our friendly professional team work hard to help you feel at ease from the moment you first arrive at our office.
During this visit, we will spend time getting to know you and learning about your goals for treatment. Working together, we will develop an individualised treatment plan that best fits your needs.
It is crucial for us to get a view of your overall physical and dental health, so we will have you fill out a medical history form.
Next, you will meet with one of our orthodontists and a member of our clinical team.
During the initial visit, we will gather important information that helps us work out an appropriate treatment plan for you:
- What is it about your teeth/your child’s teeth that makes you unhappy?
- Have you received a referral from a dentist?
- What kind of results would you like to see with orthodontic treatment?
- What sort of orthodontic treatments do you prefer?
Once we have all the necessary initial information, we will arrange for you to spend some time speaking to our treatment coordinator in a quiet, private room. This meeting is just one more way for us to ensure that we have answered your questions and provided all the information you need to make an informed decision about your treatment.
- We will show you examples of orthodontic treatment plan options.
- Explain treatment prices, including tax relief that applies to orthodontic treatment.
- We can find out what times and days are most convenient to arrange your visits.
Your initial consultation here at Swords Orthodontics is free of charge.
Before beginning orthodontic treatment, it’s necessary to arrange a follow-up visit that allows us time to collect other relevant information like clinical records, tooth measurements, x-rays, photographs, and models of your teeth. The more details we have, the better equipped we are to develop a precise approach to treatment that fits your specific needs.
If you are interested in booking an appointment with one of our specialist orthodontists- just give us a call on 018107622, we'd be delighted to hear from you.