If you are wearing braces and are planning a holiday this summer (lucky you!), our team Swords Orthodontics would suggest that you be prepared. We put together a list of items that will be handy to have with you at all times while you are away. They include:
- Interdental brushes (very important you a still using these once a day!)
- Travel toothbrush and travel mirror
- Orthodontic wax to help with discomfort from protruding wires or brackets rubbing against the cheek
Putting these items together in a special ‘braces bag’ would be a good idea.
If you happen to be away and experience any problems please don’t hesitate to call us and we can talk you through the best ways to make your brace as comfortable as possible until you can see us upon your return.
We also suggest avoiding the following foods to prevent broken brackets or wire’s snapping or distorting while you are on your holidays:
- Chewy, sticky, or hard sweets
- Apples always need to be cut into small pieces
- Hard crusty bread rolls
- Corn on the cob
- Nuts, including peanuts, almonds, and cashews
Also, not forgetting our patients with Invisalign. If you are wearing Invisalgn aligners and happen to lose your aligner, don’t worry! Simply put in either the previous aligner or the next aligner and contact us as soon as you get home so we can arrange an appointment for you to be seen!
Follow these tips and you can have a worry-free holiday! Please give us a call if you have any questions on 018107622!