Your First Visit
Your First Visit – Personalised Orthodontic Examination and Consultation in a Relaxed Setting
We understand that, for many people, the idea of visiting a dentist can be a stressful experience. But at Swords Orthodontics, our goal is to help make every visit to our office enjoyable and completely stress-free. Dr Murray and our friendly professional team work hard to help you feel at ease from the moment you first arrive at our office.
During this visit we will spend time getting to know you and learning about your goals for treatment. Working together, we will develop an individualised treatment plan that best fits your needs.
You can expect:
- to meet the orthodontist and his treatment coordinator
- to be able to explain to us why you don't like your teeth the way they are
- to explain how you'd like them to be
- a basic orthodontic exam to get an outline of the treatment you might need to achieve your goals
- a discussion on the types of treatment suitable for you
- a detailed discussion on the fees involved and payment plans and tax relief available to you
The First Step to a Beautiful, Healthy Smile
The first step is to contact us to organise a free initial appointment.
It is important for us to get a view of your overall physical and dental health, so we will have you fill out a medical history form. We will be happy to send out a new patient form so that you can have the information ready when you arrive at our office. Alternatively, you can fill out the form at home by downloading it from our website and printing it out.
Next, you will meet with one of our orthodontists and a member of our clinical team.
During the initial visit, we will gather important information that helps us work out an appropriate treatment plan for you:
- What is it about your teeth/your child’s teeth that makes you unhappy?
- Is there a concern that your own dentist has about your teeth that you mightn’t have been aware of?
- What kind of results would you like to see after orthodontic treatment?
- What sort of orthodontic treatments are you aware of and what sort would you like to have that will allow you to achieve the desired results?
Once we have all the necessary initial information, we will arrange for you to spend some time speaking to our treatment coordinator in a quiet, private room. This meeting is just one more way for us to ensure that we have answered your questions and provided all the information you need to make an informed decision about your treatment.
- We will show you examples of orthodontic treatment to discuss other aspects of the treatment plan.
- At this time, we’ll also explain treatment prices, including tax relief that applies to orthodontic treatment
- We can find out what times and days are most convenient to schedule your appointments.
Before beginning orthodontic treatment, it’s usually necessary to arrange a follow-up appointment that allows us time to collect other important information like clinical records, tooth measurements, x-rays, photographs, and models of your teeth. The more details we have, the better equipped we are to develop a precise approach to treatment that fits your specific needs.
Our office is located on Main Street in Swords and is easily accessible by bus or car. If you’re driving, you have several easy options for parking near the practice with Pay and Display in front of the practice and off-street behind the practice. Parking is also available at nearby Swords Plaza and Pavilions Shopping Centre.
Take the First Step to the Smile of Your Dreams
We are looking forward to helping you achieve your goals for a healthy smile that makes you feel good about your appearance. Take the first step today and contact our office so that we can arrange a convenient appointment for your consultation. We can’t wait to meet you!